- Mote Marine Laboratory
- NMFS NW Fisheries Science Center
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Southern Mississippi
- Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute
Below is a sample of presentations relevant to some of the key issues and progress being made in this field today. These were presented by SCORE researchers and colleagues at conferences, workshops and other forums about restocking, stock enhancement and sea ranching.
The need for sustainable fisheries and seafood production in the US
- The expanding role of marine aquaculture and fisheries enhancement in sustainable fisheries (pdf version). Invited talk, Sustaining Forests, Fisheries and Aquatic Resources in a Changing World. University of Florida School of Forest Resources and Conservation Spring Symposium. June, 2010. View Video Version.
(Note: video version temporarily unavailable due to server issues)
- References: see Duarte et al. 2009. Will the Oceans Help Feed Humanity, Bioscience; and see Duarte et al., 2007. Rapid Domestication of Marine Species, Science.
- Regional and state-wide sustainability of fisheries and aquatic systems: challenges and opportunities (video version)(note: video version temporairly unavailable due to server issues).
Current status of marine culture-based fisheries enhancement
- Keynote Talk: Perspectives on 'A Responsible Approach to Marine Stock Enhancement: An Update': better integration with fishery assessment, management, and stakeholder involvement'. 4th International Symposium on Stock Enhancement and Sea Ranching, Shanghai, China, April 2011.
- The paradigm shift in coastal and offshore marine stock enhancement and proliferation of a responsible approach. Invited talk, special session on Environmental Impacts of Coastal Ocean Aquaculture, American Fisheries Society 137th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California. September, 2007.
- Keynote Talk. Marine Stock Enhancement in the USA: Status, trends and needs. 2nd International Symposium on Stock Enhancement and Sea Ranching, Kobe, Japan, January 2002.
Defining optimal release strategies & evaluating stocking effect
- Responsible Enhancement of Estuarine Species: Opportunities, Constraints and Tackling Uncertainty. 18th Biennial Conference of the Estuarine Research Federation. Norfolk, Virginia, USA. October 16-20, 2005.
NMFS NW Fisheries Science Center Video: Collecting Ling Cod Eggs
- Florida update at Sept. 2008 SCORE Technical and Planning meeting at NOAA-NWFSC Manchester Laboratory in Manchester Washington.
- Panel Presentation . Alternative Uses of Aquaculture: Replenishing Depleted Fisheries. Presented by SCORE panelist in the session Aquaculture: Understanding the Key Challenges of Sustainability. Capitol Hill Ocean Week 2008. Washington, D.C. June, 2008. (A brief introduction to some of the issues and sources of publications in the field).